Friday, November 13, 2009

too true

 

Exactly how I feel. I've been working in a management position at a bank now for a little over a month, which I guess is a bittersweet reunion. I'm in a "transition stage" of life, halfway through my education goals but unable to press on any further until next year. As I have professional experience in finance, I have always fallen back on it when I am unable to find/land the jobs I want. So, yeah, this is bittersweet. I have a job, I'm busy, and I can pay my bills, but I can't help feeling disappointed with myself every day I arrive at work because this isn't the life I envisioned for myself.

Anyways, this is also the first time I've been in banking/finance since the economic crash and, to be honest, I am shocked at how much things have changed. I think the video sums up at least one change, too many qualified people for too few jobs! Makes for some serious competition at work. I think one other major change is how people perceive the financial sector today. Generally, customers truly believe their is a conspiracy and that all banks are in cahoots. I mean I don't blame these folks. Have you seen what CD rates are like today? If you bring in half a million dollars, banks will pay you around 0.7 - 0.9%. Ridiculous.

2 comments:

  1. Let's hear it for the skill, know-how and determination to hold a responsible job in this economy mid-preparation for your anticipated profession on the other side of the ledger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love the video. I am sitting at the breakfast table and I can't explain it to Nicole because her Mexican grandparents are sitting at the end of the table. I'm glad they didn't ask me what I was laughing at- "Oh, I just think it's funny when the white man is placed in a postition that is normally inhabited by your people..."
    And suddenly, I'm racist.

    ReplyDelete